[asterisk-users] extconfig, realtime, and SIP

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Mon Jan 24 17:46:32 CST 2011

I'm confused about a few things relating to realtime, SIP and config in
general.

As I understand it, with the exception of extensions.conf, I can either
have a config file completely in text or completely in a database.  Is
that correct?  I can't find documentation for exactly what "switch =>" does
but is that only in the dialplan and a way to have it partly from a file
and partly from a database?

For SIP, do I understand it correctly that I can have sip tables both via
realtime AND in sip.conf?  For the LDAP realtime, how can I implement
"setvar"?