[asterisk-users] Asterisk on Debian Lenny with timerfd

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 01:58:45 CST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at digium.com>wrote:

> On 11-01-23 10:24 PM, RR wrote:
> > email from Kevin Flemming talking about >=2.6.27 so thought I'd ask esp.
> coz
> > I have 2.6.26-2 yet I don't think I have timerfd on my machine...and I
> see,
> > the following
> If you read CHANGES, you will also see you kernel 2.6.25+ *and* glibc
> 2.8+.  Lenny ships with 2.7-1

In the meantime, does anyone have a nice way to update a stable/stock lenny
installation with the updated glibc as well as the latest kernel (this obv.
is not necessary, but couldn't hurt to have the latest :). Sorry for asking
help like a bum, but I have spent an hour messing around with downloading
the .deb file for the libc6 and figuring out how to install it and in turn
ended up messing up my environment. Good thing I had snapshot from before,
that I could restore and get back to stock. I'm a total newbie in debian so
any help in some aptitude/dpkg magic to install the latest libc6 (glibc)
with its dependencies on this system would be greatly appreciated :)