[asterisk-users] end a call after a specific time period

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 13:44:26 CST 2011

Asterisk creates various channel names based on the situation, like the way
call is invoked , if you are seeing the Local channel then call is actually
invoked through Local channel driver . As I don't know whats your exact
setup is and why you are expecting to see a SIP channel driver in channel
names. After call has properly established just run the following command

core show channels

or

show channels

If the above command outputs the SIP channel name you are looking then you
can fetch the same from AMI and set absolute time out on that. if you don't
see that SIP/NT000 thing then Local channel name is what you really have to
set absolute time out on.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM, ABBAS SHAKEEL <shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thank you very much for the prompt response.
>
> I  also tried this i.e in beginning i used Noop(${CHANNEL}) to get channel
> name but it display some thing like ("Local/99449051010033 at default-8307,2"
>
> But i was expecting some thing like SIP/NT000
>
> I spend alot of time on it but still in vain
>

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Sherwood McGowan <
> sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:04 PM, ABBAS SHAKEEL
>> <shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> > I am trying to end a call after a specific time period for that reason i
>> > have tried various options like using S, L in the dial command. But in
>> vain.
>> > Now i am thinking to end the call using the AMI... but i am unable to
>> get
>> > the current active channel.
>> > . i.e SIP/NT000 when i ask for getchannel it return some thing like
>> > this Channel=Local/99449070380109 at default-f08b,2
>> > As i have to use this channel name for hangup... Could some one let me
>> know
>> > how to get channel name.... or any other way to end call..
>> > Thanks in advance
>> >
>> > --
>> > Best Regards
>> > Shakeel Abbas
>> >

>> > --
>> >

>> Easy solution is to store the channel name in a variable for later
>> use, use ${CHANNEL} to get the channel name
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Best Regards
> Shakeel Abbas