[asterisk-users] Phone multi-registration

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 21 12:53:42 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm working with a SIP phone (Thomson ST2030) that support a
"multi-registration" feature.
It works this way:
- the phone has a main id
- some feature keys can be configured to be tied to supplementary ids (with
a specific id username and password)
- when the phone boots, it will successively (try to) register with each id
(main and supplementary ids).
- every outgoing call uses the main id
- every incoming call received for any id is handled.

The trouble I'm having is I can configure either Asterisk or the SIP phone
to have supplementary id successfully registered (403 Wrong Password reply
though I'm certain the password I provided is correct).
I could find an (impractical) workaround setting in sip.conf a supplementary
id with a fixed IP address (and thus removing the need for registration).
I'm suspecting a mistake in my config but I prefer to check here.

Is it possible for a SIP to register twice to the same Asterisk server using
2 different ids ?
Consulting this list archives gives mixed answers.

Regards