[asterisk-users] Does Asterisk support NI-1 (DMS 100) and NI-2 for T1s?

Tony Mountifield tony at mountifield.org
Fri Jan 21 07:51:30 CST 2011

In article <AANLkTi=DPW1OeWcPvhBgf1g2YMGBjo4YAmL0gbs_6X9h at mail.gmail.com>,
Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> For a client I am setting up a system which will use T1 PRI from Primus, who
> offer only NI-1 and NI-2 protocols for D-Channels. Previousely I have only
> used switchtypes euroISDN and National. Although the documentation says
> Asterisk does support NI-1 ans NI-2, but wanted to get your opinion if you
> have used these protocols on an Asterisk box and if there were any things to
> consider. If anybody has experience with Primus, it'll be more helpful.

"switchtype = national" IS NI-2. See the description in zapata.conf:

; Switchtype:  Only used for PRI.
;
; national:       National ISDN 2 (default)
; dms100:         Nortel DMS100
; 4ess:           AT&T 4ESS
; 5ess:           Lucent 5ESS
; euroisdn:       EuroISDN
; ni1:            Old National ISDN 1
; qsig:           Q.SIG

So you use "national" for NI-2 and "ni1" for the obsolete NI-1.

Hope this helps.

Tony
--
Tony Mountifield