[asterisk-users] Polycom 500 / MWI

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:08:19 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Brian C. Huffman
<bhuffman at etinternational.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to setup this phone to work with asterisk so that the
> indicator light comes on when there's a new message and goes off quickly
> (less than a minute) after the message is deleted?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Brian,

I'm using Polycom 321 sets, and the MWI works wonderfully.  If you
look at the asterisk-1.6 source code, in app_voicemail.c, you can see
where it calls queue_mwi_event(...) after leaving a message and after
deleting a message.  If you run a wireshark capture, you should see
these in the trace.  It also looks like, in most cases, an AMI event
of "MessageWaiting" will be generated.

I know it's not much, but it may help you to diagnose the problem further.

-M