[asterisk-users] Calling rules

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Wed Jan 19 21:36:27 CST 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 5:06 AM, Vitor Carlos Flausino wrote:

>> In other words, which of the following is your situation:
>>
>> 1.) User dials 0XXXXX, asterisk sends 0XXXXX to the telco.
>> 2.) User dials 0XXXXX, asterisk parses "0", strips it, and sends XXXXX
>> to the telco.
>>
>> That might narrow it down.
>
> Option 2. "0" is to get an "external line" and XXX is passed to telco.
>
> -vcf

It seems to me that you are passing the "0" to the telco when the user dials all digits at once. When they dial the "0" first, the call gets sent to one extension (probably extension "0" or "_0") and just connects them to the outside line, sending nothing to the telco. When they dial "0XXXXX", asterisk matches another extension (probably "_0." or another that begins with "_0"), one that connects them to the outside line and sends everything out to the telco, including the "0".

Just a guess, but it sounds right to me. If so, you need to modify the dial command to strip the "0" before sending it.

Tom