[asterisk-users] Asterisk extension not found problem...

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jan 19 18:40:04 CST 2011

Un-top-posting...

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, abhinav anand wrote:

> I am using Asterisk version 1.6.2.5-0. Surprisingly, I don't see
> "dialplan reload".

If you do not have 'dialplan reload,' you do not have pbx_config.so
loaded. Since pbx_config.so reads extensions.conf, if you don't have it
loaded, extensions.conf will not be read.

> My dialplan show returns some 28 contexts (all pbx_ael and no
> pbx_config) and looks like this (seems context are read from
> extensions.ael file only)

So, you need to either load pbx_config.so to read your extensions.conf or
add the 'sip-external' context to extensions.ael.

--
Thanks in advance,