[asterisk-users] Cross Queue Priorities

Nick Brown Nick at ipera.com.au
Wed Jan 19 17:34:14 CST 2011

Morning All,

My Google skills may be failing me as I can see people asking this but no useful responses, I need a way to prioritise calls across queues - I can think of ways to do this but they are far from elegant and this seems like such a simple request I am sure I am missing something obvious.

All my queues are of equal weight (Ie. A caller in Queue A can be just as important as a caller in Queue B) but not all my callers are of equal priority - Ie. A caller in Queue A with a priority of 100 needs to reach an agent before a priorty 50 call in Queue B, keeping in mind that a single agent can be in both Queue A and Queue B.

Would appreciate any input on this at all!

Cheers
Nick.