[asterisk-users] res_fax_digium.so crashing

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Tue Jan 18 14:39:53 CST 2011

On 01/18/2011 3:21 PM, Steve Totaro wrote:

> If you are swapping out systems in really busy offices that rely on
> faxing to keep the doors open, do a whole bunch of testing.

I have no experience with Digium's FFA, beyond installing it and
receiving a fax or two. So I can't really agree or disagree with your
assertions. However, I can say that iFax does sell a paid/supported
version of Hylafax that includes t.38 modems.

I've never used their version, but I have been a HylaFAX user for years
(both with real modems and POTS lines and with Asterisk PRI and
IAXModem), and it is an excellent solution. I also have some experience
with their HylaFAX client, which is included with the server, and I can
say it is very well done.

Might be worth the cash for large fax users like you describe.

Tom