[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Tue Jan 18 13:10:50 CST 2011

On 01/18/2011 10:18 AM, Andrew Thomas wrote:
> Why do I top post?  Simple.  I read every message in the thread - and if
> there are 10 messages (for example) in that thread - then why should I
> have to read them all over again on the last one?

OK, this is a stupid thread, nobody is going to be convinced by anything
I say, and by replying it, I am just feeding the trolls and prolonging
everyone's agony.

But I can't resist.  This is the fifth or sixth post that makes this
improper assumption.

Nobody, I mean NOT A SINGLE PERSON, is advocating bottom posting without
trimming. The argument is between:

1.) Top Posting - No Trimming
2.) Bottom or interleaved posting WITH TRIMMING.

In fact, I'd rather you top post and trim than bottom post and not.
That's one thing we can all agree on.

Tom
[going back to biting my lip]