[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Andrew Thomas andy at datavox.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 10:24:14 CST 2011

SEE THE BOTTOM :P

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Tzafrir
Cohen
Sent: 18 January 2011 16:18
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Top Posting

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 03:18:49PM -0000, Andrew Thomas wrote:
> Why do I top post?  Simple.  I read every message in the thread - and
> if there are 10 messages (for example) in that thread - then why
> should I have to read them all over again on the last one?

You mean: why should I have to read 10 messages worth of lines just to
figure what you're talking about?

It is interesting to note that your mailer (MS-Outlook) has very bad
support for threading. In fact, it (combined with the MS-Exchange
server) does not really bother reproducing the mail headers that are
required to keep the proper threading.

Which is why you get a big pile of messages and have to resort to
keeping everything in the message itself.

> Top posting is here - to stay!

Top posted content has just been cut off :-)

> not replying to inane posts like mine :P

So, you really want this thread to go on forever?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com

-- _____________________________________________________________________
               http://www.asterisk.org/hello

asterisk-users mailing list
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

"You mean: why should I have to read 10 messages worth of lines just to
figure what you're talking about?"

Nope!  I mean: why should I have to read the SAME 10 messages worth of
lines over and over...

"It is interesting to note that your mailer (MS-Outlook) has very bad
support for threading. In fact, it (combined with the MS-Exchange
server) does not really bother reproducing the mail headers that are
required to keep the proper threading."

Oh dear God! You mean I'm using a Micro$oft product(s)?  I'll go shoot
myself now!  Well, after I've shot every other M$ user!

"Top posted content has just been cut off :-)"

I chuckled :-)

"So, you really want this thread to go on forever?"

Yeah!  I'm having bit of a slow CBA day at work...

Watch out - here comes that damned disclaimer again:

 If you have received this communication in error we would appreciate
you advising us either by telephone or return of e-mail. The contents
of this message, and any attachments, are the property of DataVox,
and are intended for the confidential use of the named recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible
for delivery of this message to the intended recipient, take note that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication and
its attachments is strictly prohibited, and may be subject to civil or
criminal action for which you may be liable.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this e-mail or any attachments
are free from viruses. While the company has taken every reasonable
precaution to minimise this risk, neither company, nor the sender can
accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of viruses.
It is recommended that you should carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachments.

Registered in England. No. 27459085.