[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jan 18 10:17:31 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 03:18:49PM -0000, Andrew Thomas wrote:
> Why do I top post?  Simple.  I read every message in the thread - and if
> there are 10 messages (for example) in that thread - then why should I
> have to read them all over again on the last one?

You mean: why should I have to read 10 messages worth of lines just to
figure what you're talking about?

It is interesting to note that your mailer (MS-Outlook) has very bad
support for threading. In fact, it (combined with the MS-Exchange
server) does not really bother reproducing the mail headers that are
required to keep the proper threading.

Which is why you get a big pile of messages and have to resort to
keeping everything in the message itself.

> Top posting is here - to stay!

Top posted content has just been cut off :-)

> not replying to inane posts like mine :P

So, you really want this thread to go on forever?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com