[asterisk-users] res_fax_digium.so crashing

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Sun Jan 16 21:49:43 CST 2011

On 11-01-16 10:18 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> I'm not looking for technical support; I'm just looking for a way to
> report a bug and possibly help debug/resolve it.  But as you know,
> Digium's website gives FFA users no clear to contact them - even to
> report problems.  issues.asterisk.org has no selection for
> res_fax_digium since it is not bundled with Asterisk.  I call that
> willful blindness.

I can check into the policy for reporting crashes / bugs in the morning.
 The Asterisk issue tracker is only for Asterisk (Open source), since
res_fax_digium is not distributed with Asterisk we cannot triage the
issue on the tracker.

> I didnt expect anyone on this list to be interested, but I suppose
> you're right.

You never know who is watching the list. :)

> Asterisk correctly detects the fax and transfers to the fax context. But
> moments after ReceiveFax is called, asterisk crashes, with no tif
> written where I've directed it to.

Looks like a problem related to ast_verbose(), without looking at the
source code for res_fax_digium.c, a workaround maybe to disable verbose
output.  Not a pretty solution, but may help the crashes.

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer