[asterisk-users] Top Posting

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 16 21:18:54 CST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 21:43 -0500, Fred Posner wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 02:31 +0000, James Miller wrote:

> I cannot imagine considering scrolling to the end of an email time
> consuming. Very sad. If you find it too difficult on your blackberry to
> press the B key (to jump to the bottom of the message) then I am
> uncertain how you have enough time to even read this email.
>
> I'm all for good arguments. That "time consuming" one is just lazy.
>
> I personally find top posting annoying and only serving to an immediate
> conversation. Particularly useless if referencing the message later.

_____________
reply to bottom poster - bottom
reply to to top poster - top
bottom poster who doesnt snip - delete
bottom poster who snips too much - delete
_____________

Do you want your replys to be read, or dont you care?  As for lazyness,
most bottom posters dont seem to bother to snip.

Peoples email clients, work habits and environment mean that people to
work the way thats comfortable to them.  You want your mails read, you
work with them, not get on a soap box and say "YOU MUST BOTTOM POST".

My own view (and I have been using email since 1994 is top posting is
best, but I am willing to bottom post, though usually I just delete or
dont bother to read the majority.

BillK

Home in Perth!