[asterisk-users] chan_h323 and menuselect dependencies problem

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Sun Jan 16 00:27:16 CST 2011

Hello List,

I've been trying to compile Asterisk with H.323 support and, after
correctly installing PTLib and H323plus (OpenH323), the Asterisk
configure script still doesn't detect the dependencies as installed.

I know they are correctly installed because after going into
"[asterisk-source-directory]/channels/h323" and issuing a 'make opt', it
correctly builds everything:

-----
root at slackbox:# make opt
make DEBUG= default_target
make[1]: Entering directory
`/tmp/asterisk-test/slackbuilds/asterisk-SlackBuild/asterisk-1.4.39/channels/h323'
[CC] ast_h323.cxx
[CC] compat_h323.cxx
[CC] cisco-h225.cxx
[CC] caps_h323.cxx
ar crv libchanh323.a   ./ast_h323.o  ./compat_h323.o  ./cisco-h225.o
./caps_h323.o
a - ./ast_h323.o
a - ./compat_h323.o
a - ./cisco-h225.o
a - ./caps_h323.o
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/asterisk-test/slackbuilds/asterisk-SlackBuild/asterisk-1.4.39/channels/h323'
----

Nevertheless, the menuselect application doesn't let me select chan_h323.

Its important to note that if I manually edit menuselect.makedeps and
menuselect.makeopts in order to manually set chan_h323 support, it does
build chan_h323.o without problems (and install it, after make install),
but, trying to do it via command line does not work:

 From Asterisk source dir:

# make menuselect.makeopts
# menuselect/menuselect --enable chan_h323 menuselect.makeopts

a. Could this be some problem in the configure script? (where it look
for dependencies?)
b. What can I do in order to force Asterisk to compile chan_h323 in a
less 'dirty' way than
      manually editing previously mentioned files? (I have verified that
in this case, it will not yield any errors)

Additional Info:

Asterisk Verison    :     1.4.39
Bash version           :     GNU bash, version 4.1.7(2)-release
(i486-slackware-linux-gnu)
OS                            :     Slackware 13.1.0
PTLib                       :     2.8.3
H323Plus                :     1.22.0

--
Jose P. Espinal