[asterisk-users] Sound quality issue

Cédric Lemarchand cedric.lemarchand at ixcore.com
Sat Jan 15 13:38:09 CST 2011

Hello,

Our Asterisk runs with multiple remote sites (12 over an MPLS network),
everything works fine except for the last site we have juste installed.

When VOIP flows comes/goes from/to this site, there are sound quality
issues, persistent, 100% reproducible, on every call. This is not a
bandwidth or latency or jitter problem, everything is fine on the network.
Our MPLS provider does all check on his network equipments, everything
is fine too, no packets loss recorded on routers's interfaces ect ...
We have, on our side, check and replace all the VOIP equipments (spare
rocks), an reduce the configuration to its simpliest (MPLS router <=>
ethernet cable <=> VOIP equipment), quality problem still there.

I am sure there are RTP packets losses somewhere, except RTP debug in
the asterisk CLI, how can i determine where the problem come from ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thx.

Cédric