[asterisk-users] Why are 4 ports used for a single call?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:45:37 CST 2011

You really want to read the LONG LONG signature from some people before you
read the actual latest message? I don't know about that....I guess it's a
preference.

Back to my other questions,  now that UDP is clear for me, what ports does
SIP require? TCP/UDP 5060 ? and why are there recommendations of opening
5000-5082 UDP for SIP along with 5060 TCP? Are there any "niceties" to that
as well? maybe video transmission stuff?

Thanks