[asterisk-users] queue_log in MySQL database

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Thu Jan 13 13:07:35 CST 2011

On 01/13/2011 11:25 AM, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> *Subject:* [asterisk-users] queue_log in MySQL database
>
> Hello,
>
> can /var/log/messages/queue_log be saved in a MySQL database ??
>
> So it would be easier to work with...
>
> Kind regards,
> Jonas.
>
> I’d say that depends on your release. Check this link
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+queue_log+on+MySQL

Specifically, you're looking for the part I added that mentions the
changes to how extconfig.conf entries are referenced. You need to use
the context name, not the database name.

You'll also want to note the information about changes made to the data
structures for Asterisk 1.8.

As far as your request about tracking the time a call is in the queue,
that's information that is directly available in the queue_log. One
important question that you haven't asked is "How do I track how long
each user was logged in to the queue, even if they received no calls?".
That will require additions to your login/logout context that write
entries to the log each and every time a user logs in/out. You can then
report on that data.

You might want to reconsider reinventing the wheel on this one. Have you
checked into Queuemetrics at http://www.queuemetrics.com ?

Tom