[asterisk-users] CallerID and URL pop up for windows...

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jan 13 13:06:36 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Carlos Chavez
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:37 AM
To: Asterisk
Subject: [asterisk-users] CallerID and URL pop up for windows...

	Anyone has a good recommendation for a Windows program that will
open a
browser URL when your phone receives a call?  We had been using Yaacid
but since it is no longer being developed we need to look for an
alternative.  It should be light weight and work on all versions of
Windows.

This might be useful (or not)
http://articleresource.org/internet-and-businesses-online/web-hosting/use-de
sktop-pop-up-application-with-asterisk-pbx-111454

Unless you need a canned app, this would be an easy program to develop on
your own.  The "easiest" way (IMO) to do this would be to put a small
instance of Apache on your Asterisk server and run a CGI program that
interfaces to the local instance of Asterisk and pops a new window when a
call comes in.  This would have the added benefit of being self-contained on
the Asterisk machine (no programs to install or ports to open).