[asterisk-users] Call queues on load-balanced asterisks

Thomas Liu thomas.liu at wshuttle.com
Tue Jan 11 10:14:41 CST 2011

Hi Pan & Dhaval,

We have implemented a FastAGI based queue with Erlang for a inbound call
center, and call this new application as FlexQueue.
All calls distributed on multiple asterisk boxes go through and are
controlled by that same remote fastagi server.

It can routing calls to any destination, by any business rules. It don't
rely on the db for agent/call status store & query.
It's event driven and dict based agent/call store & query, with very good
performance, and low cpu power consumption.

I think for your requirement, app_queue could not fulfill that.

Best Regards,

Thomas Liu
-----------------------------
WShuttle Infotech Ltd.  http://www.wshuttle.com / http://www.lookmypc.com
http://www.vicidial.cn / http://www.call-center-software.com.cn
Tel: +86 20 39230098 39230096
Mobile : +86 1390 3051 930
HK DID: +852 6950 0916, Macau DID: +853 6285 0645
Email: thomas.liu at wshuttle.com
MSN:thomaslly at 21cn.com, QQ: 332148339, Skype:tonylly
Yahoo Messenger: thomaslly
Address:  Room# 302, Building T8, Dongmen Plaza, Shuishi Reserved Area,
Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center, Guangzhou,
Guangdong Province, China.   Zip code: 510006
--------------

> Hello Dhaval (and others),
>
> As far as I can tell, realtime queue will not solve my problem. I can
statically
> define the same queue with the same members on two machines as well. I was
planning
> to use realtime anyway. The issue is the actual queueing of the incoming
calls.

> Let?s say I define the queue "IT-support" with members Local/100 and
Local/101
> on both machines. The first call comes in and is distributed by Kamailio
to Asterisk
> A, and answered by 100. The next call comes in to Asterisk B, and is
answered by
> 101. At this point, both members are busy. Call 3 now comes in and is sent
to Asterisk
> A, where it waits for a free member. Call 4 comes in and is also sent to
Asterisk