[asterisk-users] Show voicemail in GUI

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Jan 11 10:05:06 CST 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jonas Kellens
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:53 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Show voicemail in GUI

Hello list,

I have a management user interface written in php for controlling some
functions of Asterisk PBX.

I use realtime a lot.

Is there a way to easily get the details of a voicemail account and the
messages that have been left ?

In use realtime voicemail, but how to get the messages that have been left
for a certain mailbox-extension ?

Kind regards,
Jonas.

I will qualify my answer by saying that I don't mess with RealTime because I
have other more pressing issues than "nice" features of Asterisk.  From what
I read, realtime controls the user information for voicemail, but the "nuts
and bolts" information you would need for this GUI interface is still going
to be in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default. To see the messages for user
100, I would do "ls /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/100/INBOX" or "ls
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/100/INBOX/*.txt".  It is entirely
possible that Realtime actually puts this in a table, but I don't know.