[asterisk-users] asterisk fax problem

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Jan 11 02:14:28 CST 2011

Hello,
I have asterisk 1.6.2.9-2
I tried to install fax utility as it is shown on pdf documents on asterisk
site.

I downloaded Opteron compiled res_fax and res_fax_digium files and copied to
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/ where default modules directory is.
I created a free fax license and created license file on asterisk server too.

WHen i run asterisk it crashed.
I noticed that if res_fax.so file is in directory (even with _digium file or
not) i got error
already have an application
'RECEIVE Fax'   and 'SEND Fax'
If i remove res_fax.so file from directory asterisk loads but
i got the following error msgs on debug
[Jan 11 09:07:03] WARNING[11898]: loader.c:435 load_dynamic_module: Error
undefined symbol: ast_fax_tech_register
[Jan 11 09:07:03] WARNING[11898]: loader.c:801 load_resource: Module
'res_fax_digium' could not be loaded.

Cam sonebody help me about what is going on :)