[asterisk-users] How to reject an incoming call using AMI ?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Jan 10 08:47:38 CST 2011

Hi,

For a call center, I'm studying how I can offer agents the ability to reject
an incoming call using a custom application.
As you can guess, in this case, rejecting a call means "let another agent
answer this call" (it
doesn't mean "end this call").

The only way I could imagine for this to happen, would be to redirect the
caller to a conference room, then hangup
the agent call leg and then redirect the caller back to the appropriate
queue, hoping the caller wouldn't be once again
forwarded to the busy agent.

Which way to implement this  would you suggest or recommend ?

Regards