[asterisk-users] Call queues on load-balanced asterisks

Pan B. Christensen pan at ibidium.no
Fri Jan 7 11:38:51 CST 2011

Hello,

I have been asked to implement the following design:

Load-balanced Kamailio servers handling registrations and routing.  Load-balanced asterisk feature servers handling voicemail and other things Kamailio cannot do. Plus several load-balanced gateways, but they are not relevant to my question.

All this is working fine.

I've now been asked to start implementing calling queues, and my question is this:
How can I implement the same queue on multiple Asterisk servers?

Let's say that 10 people call the same queue. These calls would then currently be distributed 5 to Asterisk A and 5 to Asterisk B. How can I make Asterisk A respect the 5 people queued on the other server and vice versa?

Will the customer need to change their design to make the feature servers master-slave with failover instead of load-balanced?

Mvh
Pan