[asterisk-users] VoIP PoE phones for restaurant (kitchen)

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Thu Jan 6 22:03:53 CST 2011

On Jan 6, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Andy Graybeal wrote:

> On 01/05/2011 01:51 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:
>> On 01/05/2011 7:50 AM, Andy Graybeal wrote:
>>
>>> We've got two noisy kitchens that need to talk back and forth.
>>
>> Andy,
>>
>> Why, exactly, are you trying to combine an inter-kitchen intercom and
>> your phone system? Might it make more sense to have a non-phone-based
>> intercom system, plus a phone for making phone calls?
>>
>> Tom
>
> Tom,
> Good question.  I'm not sure, but maybe I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone.
>
> I will take your suggestion into account as I'm not sure what to do.
>
> Do you have any intercom system recommendations?  Would it be POE also, and something I could manage with Asterisk?
>
> -Andy

Unfortunately, I have no recommendations, but I was just thinking of a simple, dumb intercom for between the kitchens, plus a phone for when you need to make a call. Any old phone will do. Perhaps something simple and durable like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2554-Single-Line-Wall-Phone-w-Amp-Handset-Cortelco-AT-T-/200552549353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb1dd0be9#ht_3437wt_1141

Tom