[asterisk-users] Anyone have Festival application working?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 19:54:42 CST 2011

Particularly interested if anyone has it working on Fedora 13+, with the
Fedora RPMS.  I've tried both F13 (asterisk-1.6.2.12-0.1.rc1.fc13.i686)
and Rawhide (1.8 something), and both of them appear to be broken in the
same way.

Festival reports a connection, and a file is placed in the cache
directory, but no audio is actually played.  Additionally, the the call
seems to get borked somehow; any applications that should be called
after Festival never get called.

I've burned too much time on this already, so I'm basically giving up.
Would certainly be interested to know if anyone does have this working
on a recent Fedora release (using the Festival application, not AGI).

Thanks!