[asterisk-users] Weird phone behavior after recent CentOS 5 update

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Wed Jan 5 18:23:24 CST 2011

Some more info on this weirdness....

Seems that if I play any audio out from Asterisk first the problem goes away.  its almost like the entire audio engine isn't being 'initialized' or something on those direct calls.  I found that if I execute a Swift(Please Wait) before I call the Dial command in my extensions, then it plays the ringing tone as expected.  But if I receive a call, and then try and have it transferred directly to a phone extension via a Dial command (which used to work perfectly well), the calling party never hears a ringing tone.  But if I play some audio purposely before, then it rings....

Myles