[asterisk-users] Calls Transfers

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:46:59 CST 2011

Thanks!

Although there is no difference between SIP or any other technology,
how does Asterisk reconcile the channel variables?

For example:
1. A calls B
2. B answers
3. B transfers A to C
4. C picks up call

Now, when B makes a transfer (say by pressing the transfer button on a
sip phone), what channel variables and contexts are being used?  Does
Asterisk take all of Channel variables (context, accountcode, etc.)
that would normally be assigned to B and apply that to the channel A
is currently using or is something more sophisticated going on?

Thanks,
Elliot