[asterisk-users] VoIP PoE phones for restaurant (kitchen)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Wed Jan 5 11:01:09 CST 2011

On Wednesday 05 January 2011 06:50:19 Andy Graybeal wrote:
> > I'd definitely look into a phone mounted to the wall that has no
> > actual handset, but merely buttons and a speaker grille.  It should
> > probably additionally be stainless steel, as I suspect it will need a
> > good cleaning at least daily.
> >
> > The Polycom phones look great on a desk, but they are not industrial
> > in design.
>
> What is this dream phone you speak of?  Please help me in located it.  I
> don't want to make a mistake with purchasing the wrong thing.  I've
> never seen such a thing.
>
> We've got two noisy kitchens that need to talk back and forth.
>
> This is what I first imagined I would find, but I've not found this yet.

Top link on Google for "stainless steel SIP intercom":
http://www.adamtelco.com/valcom-vip-172l-st-stainless-steel-sip-intercom-
doorphone.html

Cyberdata appears to have another, too:
http://www.alloy.com.au/010935.htm

Yet another:
http://www.zenitel.com/en/Stentofon/Products/Tamper--Vandal-Resistant-
Substations/SIP-Vandal-Resistant-Substation/

--
Tilghman