[asterisk-users] VoIP PoE phones for restaurant (kitchen)

Mike list at net-wall.com
Wed Jan 5 09:55:37 CST 2011

If you do get a Polycom, the old 501 (discontinued) have a louder ring (or
can be configured to have a louder ring, don`t quite remember) then the
newer ones. But the others are right: it's not meant for this, at least not
in a noisy environment. What can work though is a Polycom 321, with a (loud)
speaker plugged into the 3.5mm port and properly configured to have the
speaker take the call (see paging app and Polycom admin manual).  It`s a bit
of a hassle but it`s much better than the unreliable and expensive Cyberdata
paging products (I hated the one I tried, replaced it with a 321 as
described).

Mike