[asterisk-users] MOH problems (asterisk 1.4.38)

Earl Terwilliger earl at micpc.com
Tue Jan 4 11:31:25 CST 2011

Hi list,

I just installed Asterisk 1.4.38 (on an updated Centos 5.5 machine) and am
getting this error :

WARNING[6472]: res_musiconhold.c:856 moh_scan_files: getcwd() failed: No such
file or directory

with the default musiconhold.conf file. When I change musiconhold.conf to this:

[default]
mode=mp3
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3

(and have converted all the wav files to mp3 and put them in
/var/lib/asterisk/nohmp3)

'moh reload'  works fine and so does 'moh show classes'
but 'moh show files'  does not show any files (even though the .mp3 files are in
that directory)  and of course MOH still does not work

I am not sure how to 'debug' from this point. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

thanks
earl