[asterisk-users] OT - Contact center - How to Gmail-like label to incoming email

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 4 11:14:01 CST 2011

Hi,

Though this has no direct relation with Asterisk, I think Asterisk users in
Contact Centers might have an interesting answer.

Using Gmail, it's rather easy to label an incoming email so that any related
email (reply) inherits this label and are commonly displayed together in
threads.

Using Google, I found this related RFC5256 (
http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc5256).

Which (preferably Open Source) scriptable "mail engine" would support such
Thread-labelling feature so that incoming emails could be appropriately be
marked and routed to the right agents, depending on simple rules such as :
"alice at example.org is marked as VIP in CRM and emails from VIP are to be
labelled as VIP".

Suggestions ?

Regards