[asterisk-users] Realtime SIP, multiple AX servers question

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan+asterisk-users at nextalarm.com
Tue Jan 4 09:40:56 CST 2011

Thanks Olle.  Do you suppose I am the first Asterisk user to discover this behavior? I would find that hard to believe that I'm the first person to notice...

Your idea for how to deal with sounds reasonable..

Thank you,

Bryan

On Jan 4, 2011, at 12:18 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

3 jan 2011 kl. 00.26 skrev Bryan Field-Elliot:

> Normally, no matter which Asterisk server an ATA connects to, we get our database fields filled out correctly, such as "regseconds", "lastms", "ipadr", etc. However, with some ATA's we are experiencing a problem as follows:
>
> 1. ATA reaches its "re-registration" timeout, which we typically configure to be 60 minutes.
> 2. ATA re-queries DNS SRV record, and ends up re-registering with a different AX server than it was on previously.
> 3. The new AX server updates the Realtime DB fields (regseconds, lastms, etc).
> 4. The old AX server, after a few more minutes, notices that the ATA has vanished, and therefore clears out these same fields.

Oh, that's an interesting observation. Depending on how you see it, it's a bug or a feature request.

Code-wise what you could do is that Asterisk could retrieve the information from realtime. If the sysname is not the same as the systems, it let the information be. If it's the same sysname, then erase the information.

/O