[asterisk-users] Callback form to place on site for customers. Recomendation to achieve this.

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Jan 3 14:42:04 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Randy R
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 3:05 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Callback form to place on site for customers.

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:04 AM, JP CR <jprollerskate at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want to place a form on my site so customers can recieve an mmediate
> callback and the PBX should connect them to a cell sales agent.
>
> Are there anfree modules available for this, or one should code this from
> scratch?
>
> What I want is when a potential client submits his number... the PBX dials
> the number makes an announcement and dials an extension (which is actually
> cellhopne dahdi member) and makes the connection.

You could look at http://phono.com for the PhonoSDK. It can connect
you to skype, sip or PSTN destinations via Tropo applications.

I wonder though if/how you are going to have a way to check if the
number given isn't a joke. What prevents people from just typing in
all kinds of phone numbers at 6AM in California or something? Is
anyone working on that problem? Do you restrict it to hours that are
"safe" all over the USA? Is there a check of area codes?

Color me just curious...
/r

I use the Asterisk::Manager module in PERL to do just this sort of thing.
If you did the same thing using Apache and PERL you could address each of
these issues.  I'm sure there are PHP or other ways to do this, PERL is just
my development standard due to other issues.