[asterisk-users] Saving the monitor file on new file always using Monitor(wav, Record1, m)

Sebastian shop at open-t.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 08:46:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 01/01/2011 05:43 PM, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Dear List;
>
> For each call (in specific case), I need to do a record and save in a spearated file, so I am thinking the best thing is to save based on the time.
>
> Monitor(wav,Record1,m)
>
> So, how can I make the file name to be based on the current time (which is changed always, or based on the some unique paramter (related to the call it self).

I use something like this in extensions.conf for outgoing calls:

exten =>
_9.,1,Set(REC_DIR_OUT=/shares/phone_calls/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y-%m-%d)}/outgoing)
exten => _9.,n,Set(REC_FILE_OUT=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y-%m-%d %H %M %S)}
- ${EXTEN:1}.gsm)
exten => _9.,n,System(mkdir -p ${REC_DIR_OUT})
exten => _9.,n,MixMonitor(${REC_DIR_OUT}/${REC_FILE_OUT},b)
exten => _9.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@my_voip_provider)
exten => _9.,n,HangUp()

Sorry for the line breaks. My email client does that. You should keep
each extension priority on a single line.

This will create one variable for the folder (containing the date today)
and for the file (containing the time of the call and the number
dialled) - and then creates the folder and starts MixMonitor with the
filename as argument. If your setup is larger, you should also add maybe
the calling extension to the file name - so that you don't have two
files with the same name - if two extensions try to call the same
external number at exactly the same time (seems unlikely to me).

Sebastian