[asterisk-users] incoming

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Jan 2 17:12:08 CST 2011

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Thomas Perron wrote:

> So, one Asterisk machine handling up to 100 DID numbers, correct?

The number of DIDs is not limited. You could handle a bazillion DIDs with
a simple dial plan like:

 	exten = _!.,1,			verbose(1,[${EXTEN}@${CONTEXT}])
 	exten = _!.,n,			playback(demo-congrats)
 	exten = _!.,n,			hangup()

> I assume that the DID mumbers dialed would be the exaxt match needed
> to start the respective context. Correct?

The exten does not determine which context is started. The provider
configuration does.

Matching is facilitated by patterns.

--
Thanks in advance,