[asterisk-users] CDR Questions

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Sun Jan 2 05:14:29 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've got two questions about CDR's.

1.  I'd like to start logging the IP address that a call orginates from.
I'm sure I can get this into the userfield of my CDR table, but what
variable should I use to get this value?  I looked at the variables page at
voip-info and didn't find anything that clearly indicated what I want.

2. I would like to be able to generate a report that indicates that
so-and-so called such-and-such on a given date.  However, the CDR's seem to
keep the caller and callee in different fields depending on which way the
call went and sometimes the phone numbers are  embedded in a dial string
that would have to be decoded to extract the phone number.  What is everyone
else doing to generate a simple report?

TIA,

Mike