[asterisk-users] 1.8.2.4: SIP dialogs not killed?

Johannes Jakob jjj at 3js.de
Mon Feb 28 17:40:58 CST 2011

Hi,

On 28.02.2011, at 22:55, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> If it is affecting your
> system performance, post again (and try to use your nice voice :) ).

sorry, I really didn't want to be unfriendly. English isn't my mother tongue, so I might get the wrong tone sometimes... sorry for that.

On 01.03.2011, at 00:15, Terry Wilson wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2011, at 5:02 PM, isrlgb at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> As far I know asterisk doesn't handle the publish sip dialog so it just keeps it hanging around in 1.8.X (in previous versions it didn't)
>
> Asterisk 1.8 does handle PUBLISH dialogs, which is why they stay around.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I was just worried because of the persistent dialogs and their increasing number ;)
Since my first mail didn't bring up a "don't worry, everything's normal" I tried again.
So you say that's intended behavior and that it's a feature, not a bug, I won't have to worry anymore :)

I noticed the difference between core show channels and sip show channels, but that confused me even more, so I decided to ask here.

Thanks again,

 John