[asterisk-users] asterisk security....again

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 04:33:43 CST 2011

Hi all,
The problem I have been experiencing since last month is that some of my
customers are getting calls with "Asterisk <Unknown>" caller id. Most of
them in the middle of the night. And my asterisk server has no record of
these calls. The customers were getting irritated as you can imagine. I
guessed the only way to receive incoming calls by by-passing the
registration server is thru sip-uri calls directly to customers. I have
updated the customers atas to not accept any calls from sources other than
the registration server. Thats all fine now. But the question is how can
anyone know the direct sip uri addresses of our customers.

My guess is that someone has been sniffing my server's sip traffic. In that
case what should i do to get rid of the sniffers?

If you think there is another reason for that then please tell me even if
you dont have the solution.

Thanks

--
Best Ragards