[asterisk-users] Two Asterisk machines for redundancy

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 04:24:23 CST 2011

Hi All;

I would like to have two Asterisk machines to have redundancy between them, so if first machine failed then we can depend on the second machine.

Because of this, I would like to know (if someone can advise me):

1) If I did modification on the configuration, how this will be applied to the other machine?

2) I am going to use E1s, so what is the method to be able to let the calls go for other Asterisk machine if first one is down (due to maintenance or upgrade)? Is there a switch or something can help in this?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Regards
Bilal