[asterisk-users] Detect DTMF tone during call?

Dan Saul daniel.saul at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 03:08:02 CST 2011

Hi,

I am attempting to create a intercom buzzer system using asterisk as a
back end. Most is figured out except the actual action of buzzing the
door. I need to detect whether a DTMF key was pressed by the the
called party (the resident). Is this possible to do using just a
dialplan? I can't see any options on the Dial command that would lead
to this, am I looking in the wrong place? I looked briefly through the
archive and I heard mentions of AGI, is this what must be used to
accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dan