[asterisk-users] Paging with Polycom 3.3.x

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:36:17 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Mike <list at net-wall.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> My phones stopped auto-answering when being paged, since I moved on to
> Polycom firmware 3.3.0 (3.3.1 is the same, I tried).  That is with Asterisk
> 1.6.2.16.
>

> I looked at the wiki but nothing I try there works, even if I cut and paste
> the same setup.
>

> Any one has any idea of what I should change from my old 3.2.3 setup?  My
> older phone (501) still using 3.1.6 still auto-answer correctly.

Polycom changed some of the config file options as outlined in the UC
Software upgrade guide. I am using the following for paging.

    <voIpProt.SIP>
      <voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo
        voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="ringAutoAnswer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="Ring Answer">
      </voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo>
    </voIpProt.SIP>
  </voIpProt>

Ryan