[asterisk-users] [1.4] Still can't get it to call back

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Feb 24 09:31:27 CST 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Gilles wrote:

> No matter what I try, Asterisk still fails dialing back through a
> callfile built through an AGI script.

I don't think it has anything to do with the method used to create the
call file.

> ======== AGI script
> #!/var/tmp/lua
>
> --Must first empty stdin
> while true do
>        local line = io.read()
>        if line == "" then break end
>        -- Without line below, script never ends
>        io.write("NOOP ",line,"\n")
> end

This script violates the AGI protocol.

In addition to suggesting to use an established library, I'd suggest
picking a language and sticking with it. Personally, I use C because it's
the sharpest tool in my toolbox.

--
Thanks in advance,