[asterisk-users] REFER and dialplan broken (as documented in chan_sip.c on line 11951)

vip killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:10:42 CST 2011

There is a problem when transferring calls using REFER, asterisk does not
notify dialplan. I've been told to use AMI as a workaround to notify my
dialplan/routing program but that would require a huge change to our
software. I was wondering if there is any intention of fixing this problem.
Here is issue as stated in chan_sip.c
"this is currently broken as we have no way of telling the dialplan engine
whether a transfer succeeds or fails."
Thanks.