[asterisk-users] Problem installing FXS module in old digium 4 channel tdm card

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Feb 22 22:43:14 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:00:22PM -0500, C F wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com> wrote:
> > On 2/21/11 4:46 PM, C F wrote:
> >> I just installed an FXS module onto a 4 channel tdm thats about 5
> >> years old and it wont work. Running dmesg I can see the following
> >> error:

[snip]

> >>  !!!!! Init Indirect Registers UNSUCCESSFULLY.
> >> Indirect Registers failed verification.
> >> Module 0: FAILED FXS (FCC)
> >> Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> >> Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> >> Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
> >> Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (3 modules)
> >>
> >> Does this have to do with the fact that the module is way newer than the
> >> card?
> >>

> > Not having much direct experience with the wctdm.c driver, that would be my
> > guess. You might be able to edit the wctdm_proslic_insane() function to
> > force the FLAG_3215 on for the card and see if that gives you a different
> > result.
> >

> How/Where would I do that?

Around line 1297 of drivers/dahdi/wctdm.c you could change:

 if (wctdm_getreg(wc, card, 1) & 0x80)
                /* ProSLIC 3215, not a 3210 */
                wc->flags[card] |= FLAG_3215;

 wc->flags[card] |= FLAG_3215;

and just skip the read of register 1. I don't know if this will work in your
case, but it's something to try.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer