[asterisk-users] Assigning an extension to a roaming phone

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Tue Feb 22 10:06:04 CST 2011

Le 22/02/2011 12:32, Axelle a écrit :
> Good idea the Verbose commands, at least I see a bit better what is
> happening.
Maybe a "core set verbose 3" too ?

> I should have thought about that one. Thanks.
> But I don't understand the CALLERID part: the roaming user is unknown
> on my network, so how could he have a correct CALLERID?
Well i think the problem lies here somehow.
Usual roaming setup are using a fixed number of phone, with "users"
beeing able to register themself on some location.

So you have an IP network, with SIP agents (cell phones ?), some of
those are manually
setup in you sip.conf file, but you want to allow unknown cell phones
users to "self" register
in your system ?

Someone enter your network, dial 3001@<your ipbx> and get/set a
temporary internal number.
Then other phone can dial his ?

I don't think it's possible, although ...

What you need is to mimic the SIP registration process, by fetching the
following informations
from & during the "setup call":

    * IP of the phone
    * UDP/TCP Port of the SIP process
    * Some SIP user ID

Then you store thoses in your DB in the form "SIP/<user>@<IP>:<port>"
and then you could be able to Dial this string,
(if the phone is ok to be dialed by an unknown party this way)

Regards,
benoit