[asterisk-users] Difference mohsuggest & mohinterpret

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon Feb 21 10:51:44 CST 2011

Hello list,

what is the difference between mohsuggest & mohinterpret when defining a
SIP peer ?!

If a certain SIP peer puts another channel on hold, what field then
determines the moh class that Asterisk will choose to play to that channel ?

If I take the test and call from peer A to peer B, and peer A puts peer
B in hold, then the class of peer B is taken... that's not what I want.

If I call an external number from peer A, and put this channel on hold,
then the 'default' class is chosen and played to the external number,
which is also not what I want.

So where do I define (on a peer basis) which type of music on hold is
played to the number (internal & external) dialed ?

Kind regards,
Jonas.