[asterisk-users] Gtalk/Jabber Issue

William Stillwell william at stillwellsoft.com
Sun Feb 20 17:13:43 CST 2011

I was also informed it only works in 1.8, I think there was a protocol
change I think that wasn't back ported to 1.6.

Also here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Calling+using+Google

Calling using Google Voice or via the Google Talk web client requires the
use of Asterisk 1.8.1.1 or greater. The 1.6.x versions of Asterisk only
support calls made using the legacy GoogleTalk external client.

---