[asterisk-users] First go at a stock 1.8 install -- where's DAHDI?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Sun Feb 20 08:11:05 CST 2011

On Sat, February 19, 2011 4:21 pm, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all.  I've finally made the jump from 1.4 to 1.8.  I've installed
>> everything (I think), my Sangoma card initializes right... but there's
>> no "dahdi" command -- not from the base, nor as a subset of the "core"
>> commands.  I've got my channels configured in my chan_dahdi.conf file.
>> What am I missing, here?
>>
> What version of dahdi do you have installed? I would try using the
> latest version 2.4.0. It is important to compile and install in the
> correct order. I usually do dahdi, libpri, asterisk, and then wanpipe.

I'm running the latest of everything, except my kernel -- I went with
2.6.32.27 as being a well-maintained long-term kernel.  (2.6.37 gave me
grief -- too new, I guess.)  I'm running -- if it makes a difference -- on
an Ubuntu 8.04-4 system.  I've re-installed everything, in the order you
gave, to, alas, the exact same result: everything seems to initialize,
install, etc., correctly, but no "dahdi" feature in Asterisk.  Is there a
module I need to load?  Or... something?  I'd hate to have to revert to
1.4 after all this work.

Thanks!

-Ken